Lead Mobile Developer
Lead Mobile Developer – London, UK & Chennai, India
Globe Tech Soft is one of the fastest growing technology company in the US and UK. We are headquartered in London, UK, with offices in the USA and India. Our mission is to improve lives by making property work better for everyone. We do so by streamlining how repairs, maintenance and compliance services are delivered.
Developing acclaimed technology is only possible when we’ve got a great team on our side. Our culture is open and empowering. If you are passionate and driven, you will fit right in.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior or Lead Mobile Developer to join the engineering team. You’ll be leading a highly technical and motivated team of engineers/developer, alongside our Junior/Entry level developer, reporting to our Technology Director. You’ll be responsible for owning and delivering our mobile apps, built in Flutter, across iOS and Android. You’ll have direct line management of a number of engineers, as well as being responsible for growing the team when needed to deliver our apps, focusing on Quality throughout, in an intellectually stimulating environment.
The engineering team sits at the centre of everything we do at Plentific and is constantly tackling challenging problems, such as online payments, quoting, invoicing, booking, search / scoring algorithms, ETL, data pipelines, in-app messaging, real-time notifications and fraud prevention. Our mobile engineers mostly work with Flutter/Android Studio/Swift/Kotlin. The rest of the tech stack includes Python/Django REST Framework, PostgreSQL, AWS, ES6, React.js, React Query, TypeScript, Express, Kubernetes, Docker, Redis, Celery, Pandas, Numpy, Scrapy, Git, Jenkins, Elasticsearch. We have a very large but clean code base as we put significant emphasis on design patterns, code readability, testability, maintainability and extendability.
- Lead multiple teams of Junior/Entry level mobile engineers
- Own mobile development and apps delivery
- Be responsible for team size and delivery speed, recruiting where needed
- Report to director of engineering on any blockers within the teams
- Focus on quality throughout building our apps to the highest standards
- Deep understanding of how mobile apps work and how they interact with other parts of the application
- Being able to architect complex applications
- People management/performance management
Experience and Qualifications:
- 5 – 7+ years engineering experience in iOS or Android
- Experience managing teams delivering apps across iOS and Android
- Experience in a hands off technical leadership role
- Experience building apps from idea to release